First thing is to Report It!
If we don’t know about it, we cannot fix it!
We prefer to have all maintenance requests reported through email so we have a record, however, in an emergency, we know this isn’t always possible so a phone call for something like a water leak, fire etc. is acceptable.
We prioritise work in accordance with the Universities Code of Practice, which identifies 4 different categories; Emergency, urgent repairs, priority repairs and non-priority repairs.
These are potentially life-threatening or something that will cause a serious disruption to daily life
If it is during office hours, please call 01522 797307 or out of hours call the emergency number on 07809 510 000
- Water leak
- Gas leak
- Electrical failure – please check outside or with neighbours first to ensure it’s not a power cut, as we cannot help if it is!
- The only toilet in the house isn’t working etc.
These are not life threatening but cause a significant inconvenience to daily life
- Blocked drains
- Loss of heating
- Loss of hot water
- Pest issues
- Smoke alarm battery
- White goods repair – fridge freezer
These are issues that do need attention but don’t affect daily life significantly
- Light bulb replacement (some of our ceilings are high and require ladders)
- White goods repairs i.e. washing machine / dishwasher
- Damage to windows (not fully smashed)
- Internet issues
- Aerial problems
These repairs do no significantly affect your daily life or standard of living
- Cosmetic issues
- Furniture broken
- Garden maintenance
- Condensation issues – paint peeling, mould etc. see our condensation pack for help
All we ask is that you act in a responsible manner and consider whether it is an emergency or falls into one of the other categories. Of course if you are unsure we are just phone call away and can walk you through the steps of checking the fuse board if the power has tripped or can advise in other ways.